Our mission is to inspire, develop and support leaders in volunteer engagement
Founded in 1982, NOVAA is a nonprofit association for volunteer management professionals. Volunteer-led, NOVAA offers a variety of programming designed to support the professional development of leaders of volunteers with all levels of expertise. Whether you are just starting out or have been in the field for many years, NOVAA has something to offer everyone.
- Provide educational opportunities that enable volunteer management professionals to effectively lead volunteers in their organizations, thereby advancing community volunteerism
- Provide volunteer management professionals with opportunities for sharing of expertise through networking
- Provide leadership and growth opportunities for volunteer management professionals
- Advocate for effective volunteer engagement strategies by providing information on best practices in the field
- Advocate for and promote the volunteer management profession
Our Core Values
- Integrity | We strive for honesty, respectfulness, forthrightness, in all of our decisions and interactions.
- Service | We value the service of volunteer professionals as they support volunteerism at all levels.
- Knowledge | We value knowledge and implementation of best practices in volunteer management; provide relevant educational opportunities and resources; and provide structure for members to earn their Certification in Volunteer Administration (CVA).
- Excellence | We promote recognition and acknowledgement of the profession, excellence and mastery of volunteer management performance, creating a legacy for those who follow in our profession.
- Collaboration | We provide a safe and supportive environment to build collaborative partnerships and friendships with peers in the field of volunteer administration.
- Advocacy | We communicate and advocate for volunteerism and the volunteer management profession.