NOVAA’s purpose in providing scholarships is:
1. To make NOVAA events accessible to members who would otherwise be unable to participate
2. To promote professional training in the field of volunteer administration
- Scholarships are available to NOVAA members for up to 100% of the member-level cost of any NOVAA event, including Volunteer Management 101/201 and Workshops, and for the CVA application fee. Scholarships are not available for membership dues or for events hosted by partner agencies.
- Recipients commit to two episodes of service volunteering for NOVAA, approximately 4-10 hours of time. Please see application for details of service options.
- Applications are due two weeks prior to the event date.
- Number of scholarships awarded is based on need and budget.
If an applicant is awarded a scholarship for an event they are unable to attend, they may reapply for another event in the same fiscal year. If an applicant has already received a scholarship during the fiscal year, preferences will be given to applicants who have not received a scholarship.
for a NOVAA scholarship or DOWNLOAD
For a scholarship for a one-year NOVAA membership, you will need to submit a separate or additional application. DOWNLOAD
the NOVAA Membership Scholarship application form.